Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Wagon Threw Me - Weekly Check In November 9, 2013



I know, I know I did not post last week.  The last two weeks have kicked my butt.  Between illness (Family and Myself), school meetings and kids.  I have not just fallen off the wagon, I jumped with both feet.  Stress induced comfort food along with poor time management causing some missed workouts have combined to trigger a minor set back in my journey.  Good news thought my enthusiasm is back, never waned really.  I finished this week up strong with a good swim and some racquetball with friends and actually felt very strong so the break from working out may have done me some good and allowed my body to recover some.  I will, however, recommit to better food choices this week. I cannot gain four pounds in two weeks very often or knowing myself, the enthusiasm will begin to wane.

The good news this week is that my older daughter is well on her way to raising the necessary funds for her trip to Washington DC.  She is a cookie dough and candy selling fool!!! Which helped contribute to my poor choices.  Those fundraiser candy bars are just sooooo good.  The Younger Daughter just had a tryout with Oklahoma Bedlam Softball 10U team last Saturday and has been invited to play with them this spring.  We met her new coach yesterday so she could watch her pitch and practices will begin soon.  I am hoping this will turn into built in workout time for dad.  If not the time management thing will have to get mucho better.

I will update my chart next week.  I have been swimming some and walking a little, but I will hopefully get back into the 4 to 5 workouts a week.  I need that to feel good these day.

Stay strong my friends and maintain your ENTHUSIASM!!!!




1 comment:

  1. I completely understand, I have been thrown off the wagon and run over by it. It sounds like you're dusting yourself off and climbing back on and that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete