Sunday, January 19, 2014

Have a Plan

Sick Burn!   Then the next day! Sicker Burn!  These are the words from one of my MyFitnessPal friends after seeing my results from my Friday and Saturday swims, and I can't say I disagree. The YMCA has begun a Master's Swim.  Currently it is just a glorified lap swim with a workout posted to follow if you so choose.  Eventually they hope to have a coach and possibly a team.  Here is the workout from yesterday.



Yes that is 1 and 1/2 miles in the water.  That's like swimming from my house to my daughter school and back then back to school.  MyRunKeeper said I burned 2000+ calories (I believe they are generous, but that is still a lot).  Since following this program the last two weeks I have lost 4 lbs. I feel stronger, much stronger.  The workouts keep my body guessing as to what is coming, they keep me from getting bored with "Just going to swim." Most importantly I have a plan to follow.  When I am in the heat of the moment, I don't have to think; I just have to do!  Because of this I have seen more improvement in my swimming.  

I see this in other parts of my life.  The days of teaching were my planning is stronger is a stronger day of teaching.  The financial goals that I have a plan for and stick to the plan tend to be more successful.  So I am going to have to develop  a more detailed eating plan.  The last three weeks I have done well with me eating, but I know if I develop a plan and follow it, my goals will be achieved more efficiently.  

Therefore my goal for the next 4 weeks is to enter my MyFitnessPal food for the upcoming day prior to going to bed the night before.  I will then eat only what is entered staying within the 1800 - 2000 calorie range with up to 500 calories off plan available.  If I have used my 500 calories for the day I will  forgo the extra.  That way when I am in the heat of the moment I don't have to think, just do!

Where do you need a plan to go on auto pilot.  I challenge you to plan your week this week.  

Here is my Week
                             This Week                       Since Jan 2013
Swimming:               3.5 mi                               54 miles
Walking:                     0                                   128 miles   
Cycling:                      0                                   196 miles

Totals                        3.5 mi                            380.5 miles 

Weight Lost                2 lbs                                  65 lbs







1 comment:

  1. SICK Burn!!! We are finally moving around this house. My goal this week is to track all foods.

    ReplyDelete