Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekly Check In Aug 10 and 50% More!

50% more.  That is how much I added to my Saturday swim.  I totes did it ya'll (the preteen is wearing off on me), I swam 50 laps = 2500 meters = 1.5 miles! I actually felt strong until the last 400 m.  I am feeling it this morning though! Lats and triceps are sore! But guess what? That my friends is longer than a half Ironman swim.


My Usual Saturday Morning Haunt!



This feat got me to thinking.  Where else in my life could I give 50% more.  50% more dad, 50% more teacher, 50% more husband 50% more christian.  If even for a day each week, if I gave 50% more to some aspect of my life how much richer would my life and the life of those around me be?  If everyone in the world did the same what kind of world would we live in?  So I challenge you this week to push yourself a little further than you thought you could go.  Be it exercise, be it work, be it family and friends. Find some aspect of your life and give 50% more!!!  See how it effects you and yours! Then come back and tell me what you did.   


My week was good.  I lowered my workout volume during the week to let me body recover some.  Based on how I feel now, well at least going into my Saturday swim,  I think it was a smart move.  This week, with the start of school I will probably kick the level up a little and then put the hammer down starting again next week.  I have also got to clean up my diet a some.  The schools and fast food places fed me too well this week.  It was a total lack of planning and morning laziness on my part.  How much I ate wasn't bad, but what I ate was horrible.  I will monitor and adjust.  I got to remember what I want most! Not what I want now!.    

So here's my week!


3 comments: