Sunday, October 20, 2013

Perks & Weekly Check In October 20

I teach! Therefore, I don't make a lot of money, but there are a lot of perk that come along with the job.  This was brought home by the events of last night. This journey I'm now on has a few perks as well!!!!!!!

Teaching Perk #1 - I get to hang out with 12 year olds everyday.  This truly keeps me young at heart!

FFFM Perk # 1 - A truly healthier Heart!

Teaching Perk # 2 - I get to influence the lives of said 12 year olds  (this may scare some of you that truly know me) and seeing them develop into mature, productive members of our society! Truth be told many times I learn as much from them as they learn from me!

FFFM Perk #2 - I get to motivate people with my successes and gain their support when I falter.  I also have more energy to keep up with said 12 year olds.

Teaching Perk # 3 - Getting to experience the monumental life moments of those students you have come to call your own: graduations, weddings, new jobs, Kids of their own.  The joy that comes from seeing their joy is endless.

FFFM Perk # 3 -  Knowing that I will have a better chance of being around to see these events in my very own children's live and their children's lives makes the hard work worth it!

Teaching Perk # 4 - Time- having the experience I have and the schedule I have allows me time to be a Future Former Fat Man. 

FFFM Perk # 4 - Time - Spending time becoming a Future Former Fat Man allows my students and my own girls to see me set and achieve goals, becoming an example they can hopefully follow.

This list could go on and on and on and on - especially if I included being married to a well known blogger/author, but I will stop here. But I do pose a question to you.  What are your perks?  Let me know. I would love to hear!


Here's my week:  6 days till the Tulsa Run!

 


2 comments:

  1. Brian, you are doing a great job! I'm so excited to see your transformation. It's not an easy road and you are sticking with it. Congrats! --Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda! Your words are fuel for my fire!

      Delete