Sunday, October 13, 2013

Randomness and Weekly Checkin

I am not feeling inspired with any truly mindblowning wisdom this week.  I am full of random thoughts however.

First, Malala Yousafzai:  I have fallen in love with this young lady.  I even showed her interview with Jon Stewart this week to my students.  Probably the one and only time Jon kept it clean enough to use in a 7th grade class. Which is a shame because so many of his guest are so thought provoking.  In her interview she speaks passionately and eloquently on education for girls worldwide and passive resistance against the Taliban.  Hopefully, at least a few of my students are inspired as much as I am to speak up for what they believe in and are passionate about. I am very disappointed Malala did not win the Nobel Peace Prize.


Second, Diet Dr. Pepper: Over the passed several months I have read several articles on how Diet Soda is soooooo bad for you in sooooo many ways.  Well I love Diet Dr. Pepper, but finally gave it up last week.  I am 8 day Diet Dr. Pepper free as of this writing.  The first three day were very, very, very, very rough.  It is still not easy, but I am hoping if I hold out until race day (it takes 20 days to form a new habit, right) the new no DDP habit will be ingrained.


Third, Fall Softball:  I love fall softball.  Cooler temps, laid back attitude of "let's just learn the game" and every coach working with every kid.  It's what youth sports should be.


Fourth, My Week:  I had a great week.  Tied my swim week record and swam more than 1 and 1/2 miles on Saturday.  Need to kick up my running a little on the elliptical, but am feeling so great.  With a renewed focus on the food this week I lost 4 pounds.  I gotta keep going strong.  Thanks for all of you with your words of encouragement!  I really helps keep me going.


No comments:

Post a Comment