Saturday, October 5, 2013

20 Days to Race Day

It's 20 days to race day, my 1st goal on The List!  I will be participating in the Tulsa Run 5K.  I would like to say running the Tulsa Run 5K, but I refuse to say running until I am doing sub 13 minute miles.  My goal is a sub 50 minute time for the race.  This will be pushing it for me, especially since, like I said last week, the last mile is mostly up hill.  I am excited and nervous.

It's Official. I'm registered!
To help make it easier to get up that hill I am going to really clean up my diet for the next 20 days.  So if you have stock in Sonic Drive In or QT you might want to sell now.  I will be developing a menu of 5 to 10 meals for Breakfast and Lunch making sure they are 300 to 500 calories each and snacks that are between 200 and 300 calories.  Along with whatever the Davis dinner will be.  I will also give up all soda.  Below is a pic of my last one.  This is one aspect of the cleaner diet that I hope I can continue after the 20 days.  If I follow this plan I should drop between 10 and 20 pounds if I keep up my activity level as well.

The Last DDP for a while!

This week illness, softball and poor planning keep me out of the gym and some poor food choices late in the week had the scale going the wrong directions this week, but I will turn this around.  The focus on the Tulsa Run is just what I needed.

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and support I received this week on Facebook, The blog and in person. Your words of encouragement mean a great deal to me and motivate me to continue this journey to a healthier me and to the Ironman.

Here's my week:




3 comments:

  1. Dropping all soda from your diet will amaze you. I gave up diet coke for Lent one year, switched to sonic unsweet tea. I never felt so good! You are going to ROCK THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be trying the Green Tea at Sonic but I don't hold much hope. I have never like tea before, but taste change and it has be a while. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. You can do it! You need this first goal under your belt and you will be re-energized to keep moving. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete