Wednesday, December 25, 2013

My Favorite Things - A Post for My Most Favorite Thing!

As some of you may know, I am married to a fairly well known blogger that once made a appearance on the Dr. Oz show because of the wisdom of her publisher to change the title of her series of books.  The original title was going to be Amateur Mom vs Professional Kids  but when you Google search amateur mom some not very nice thing come up, and while my wife is known for oversharing, she does not go THAT far.

Anyways, Minivan Momma is doing a series called "My Favorite Things."  She has asked some of her favorite bloggers to share some of their favorite things, and since I sleep with her she considers me one of her favorite things/bloggers.  So here's my FAVORITE THINGS....

Sports, all sports and not really just sports, competition, games etc.  I will watch bowling or darts on TV because there is a competition and I just have to see who wins. I love board games and card games, but most of all, I love to play golf.  It is the ultimate competition with yourself.  That little white ball just sits there daring you to hit it where you want it to go, and on top of that you get to play with good friends or many times strangers that become good friends after a few hours together on that spoiled walk.  It is also a way I commune with nature.  I love the variety of the courses and the unique challenges each brings. I especially love that is gives me a chance to share this love with a couple of my other favorite things below.


                                


I also love basketball.  Watching, playing, it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter if it is Fredrick State v Al's Beauty College if there is a  ball and two hoops at the end of a lined floor I will watch.  I love the athleticism, the teamwork it takes to do well, the creativity in defenses and offense that coach dream up.  I love that a good game plan can level the playing field.  When playing, I love the contact.  I love the gamesmanship, the chess match of moves and passes that one can make to throw the defense off.  I looooooove a good passing team.  There is no more fun to be had then playing with a good passer or more fun to be had than to watch a team that passes well.  Because of that love I have put pics of a few the the greats!

  



I looooooove baseball and now softball (I probably actually enjoy watching softball a little more, it is a much faster paced game) the smell of the grass, the crack (ping) of the bat, the slap of a ball hitting a leather glove. The power, the finesse, the speed, the nuance of the game, how a simple thing like hitting the cut-off can make or break a game, seeing an outfielder steal a homer or take away a hit in the gap or a first baseman digging one out of the dirt or a pitcher completely fooling a batter with change up. See a team perfectly execute the hidden ball trick. It's all good! And of all baseball and softball there are two things I love the most!

My Texas Rangers
Watching my girls play!
           


A few of my other favorite physical endeavors include racquetball, biking and swimming.  I am also running some, but I can't say that it is my favorite.

I love my job.  I get to teach the future citizens of this planet how to be effective, creative, critical thinkers that will hopefully be inspired to change the world in which we live.  I get to share the wonders of our world with a new generation of its citizens!

Now we come to my most favorite things of all:


                        

My girls!  I love that Briley is so silly and happy.  I love that she loves to be active. She runs, she flips, she swims, she throws, she has to be moving at all times.  She is so tender hearted, she loves to help others and will sacrifice her needs to help others.  Hadley is also a creative kind heart.  She writes wonderful stories, draws beautiful pictures and looks for ways she can make to world a better place for humans and animals alike.

My beautiful, smart, strong, creative, loving, funny wife.  I am married to  the most awesomest woman on the planet ya'll.  She is raising our daughters to be caring, independent thinkers.  She loves with her whole being, makes me laugh on a daily, if not, hourly basis. Is tender when she needs to be and tough as nails if she has to be.  I promise that I would not be the man I am without her.  To quote a sappy mid nineties movie, "she completes me!"  She my friends IS my most favorite thing of all.






























No comments:

Post a Comment