Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Strategically! Nov. 30 Check In

I have not participated in the 30 days of Thankfulness, but have been humbled by the outpouring of thankfulness I have witnessed this month.  So I will take this opportunity to tell you what I'm Thankful for:

I get to wake up next to my best friend everyday and partake of her beauty and humor.  I am thankful she keeps me grounded and sane.  I have two smart, beautiful, caring and talented girls.  I am thankful I get to watch them grow and learn everyday.  I get to help mold the world we live in.  I am thankful for a job that is rewarding and challenging.  There is never a dull moment when teaching 12 and 13 year olds how to become effective citizens of the World in which we live.   I am thankful for a roof over my head and the fact that God has provided so much that I have to battle with my weight.  I am thankful for the support and encouragement I have received from family, friends and new friends I have encountered on the journey of a life time.

Now about my week!!!


I went into this week with two goals.  Do at least one day of training in each of the Tri disciplines (done) and not gain any more weight (done).   I actually lost 3 pounds this week.  I did this by avoiding the kitchen and finally following the rules that got me this far.  On the sweets three bites of something I really wanted.  Chew, chew, Chew - eating much slower allowed me to get by with one plate of turkey and dressing/3 bites of mashed potatoes/3 bites of Granny Collins casserole and stayed away from the rolls!!! and drink lots of water.  Follow that up with playing with the kids in the yard and there you have it:  3 pound weight loss Thanksgiving Week.  Now I must keep these strategies going through December.  

December goal:  Lose 10 pounds and start training for the Shamrock the Ville in March -  Who's in with me!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment