Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Day I Became a Mother - Which Drove Me To Be A Blogger- Read and Listen - You Won't Be Sorry!

As a few of you know my wife blogs (Check her out HERE), has been for a loooong time.  As a matter of fact she is a very good blogger and author (Check out her books) and public speaker and teacher and mother and wife, but I digress.  Because of this two years ago she told me about this little show called Listen To Your Mother.  She thought about submitting stories to Austin the year before but didn't because it just seemed a little too far.  Then two awesome ladies, Stephanie McCratic and Lela Davidson (Check out their blogs and Lela's books) brought Listen To Your Mother to Northwest Arkansas and Heather jumped in with both feet. She submitted several stories and was chosen for the cast.  Her experience was so powerful that she and another great Oklahoma lady, Misti Pryor enlisted the help of Julie Bohannon and produced an AWESOME show in Oklahoma City.

After sitting in the audience and watching a lot of the videos on You Tube from previous years, I had a few story ideas floating around in my little head and I had a conversation with one of the Oklahoma producers that I happen to sleep with.

Me:  Hey, what would you think if I submitted a story to Listen To Your Mother?

Oklahoma Producer (My wife):  Really? (In that high pitch disbelieving way) Sure if you read, I will just not read.

Me:  You have a book coming out! YOU ARE NOT NOT READING!


So I secretly wrote a story and submitted it to NW Arkansas Listen To Your Mother, and lo and behold I got an audition and not just an audition I got cast in the show. So on May 30th of this year I officially became a mother!  It was an amazing experience getting to sit in the audience and become a part of the lives of all of these wonderful women in Arkansas last year and OKC this year as they shared their stories with the world, but being on that stage this year myself was a surreal experience.  The love and support you feel from the audience is indescribable. I had never considered myself a writer, but by expressing myself in this way I learned a lot about me.  Which lead me to begin this blog and start this journey to be healthy.  Which I hope allows me to be apart of many Listen To Your Mother Show for years to come.  If you have a story. Write it down.  You won't be sorry.  If it happens to be about motherhood please consider finding a Listen To Your Mother Show in your neck of the woods and submitting your piece.  Again you won't be sorry.

Below are the links to Heather's and My stories from the last two years and a link to the Listen To Your Mother Video Room.  Do yourself a favor and spend some time in the video room. You won't be sorry!

Heather's piece from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAaVRx7hd8s&list=PL6D7EDFB11FF2EA58&index=4

Heather's from this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PYlW5YJCqE&list=PL5oPQWgVdsDnFSbpGeEBhNXh04CjuNSLu&index=1

My Piece from this year:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rCIHgyX9sF0

Listen To Your Mother You Tube Page:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LTYMShow/featured

No comments:

Post a Comment