Sunday, September 1, 2013

God Is Good or Why I Missed Foodie Friday! + Weekly Checkin

I knew this was going to be a tough week.  Because of a busy schedule and traveling for the holiday workouts were going to be shorter and/or non existent.  Then add in pizza and cake at a birthday party to boot.  I was going to have to tread lightly.  Then it became doubly hard.  Remember I'm a stress eater Ya'll!

Thursday afternoon on my planning period I was on my way to my wife's classroom to ask her a question. (yes we teach in the same building and it is wonderful)  As I came up the steps I saw her heading toward my room and followed whispering something that was probably not entirely school appropriate (hey, there were no students around and it wasn't really that bad).  She turned and I could see she was visibly shaken! Then I heard the words that made my heart sink to my toes. "Brian, Your mom has been in a bad wreck, Omi was with her.  Omi is fine, but they are transferring your mom by ambulance to the hospital."  Of course your mind races to the worse.  I called my sister who told me the details and it was sounding like it could be bad.  She had run off the side of the road and over corrected and flipped her truck 4 to 5 times.  She was responding to questions, on her own, but they were worried about her neck and head and internal bleeding.  Omi was perfect but they were going to have her checked out.  As a matter of fact when the Fire and Police arrived she was reading a book in her car seat like nothing had happened.  Anyone with small children needs to contact my sister and see what kind of car seat she has!!!!


I continued my day as best I could and prepared for a sub to take my class the next day.  Then miracle of miracles dad call.  Mom is bruised and will be sore, but there were no breaks or bleeds.  I told him I was heading down and he said that He knew it was momma and you want to see her, but you are coming tomorrow. You would get here till bedtime.  Just come with your family tomorrow as planned.

The next two days were filled with bad food choices.  I couldn't even tell you all because My Fitness Pal took a backseat as well.  Again I kept the volume of food lower than passed time in similar situations, but what I ate was not good, not good at all.

So there you go folks!  I will try to do two recipes next week to make up for the lost week, but miracles of miracles again even through this week I lost 4 pounds.  My short very intense workouts early in the week must have carried me through.  Thursday morning I swam 500 meter without touching a wall.  I now realize how much I am pushing off the wall because that was much harder than 800 m while touching the wall!

Here's my Week:


 

1 comment:

  1. I really think when you can see your choices as not being healthy, you know where they were coming from (the stress) and actually climb back on the wagon - THAT'S success right there. I think Weight Watchers calls those "Non-Scale Related Victories" :)

    ReplyDelete