Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Tip Review - Aqua Source Kayenne Swim Goggles

Have I mentioned I love swimming.  I do! It's my new favorite thing to do along my journey to the Ironman.  It now beats out racquetball and my recumbent bike as my favorite cardio experience.  Well basketball is still first, but swimming is a very, very very close 2nd.  Since I am swimming so much I have become a goggle aficionado.  I have tried various speedo, TYR and Aqua tech brands.  Some were OK.  Most were uncomfortable (I think my head may be shaped weird) and a lot of them leaked (again the weird shape?)
I believe I have found the solution to my problem.  The Aqua Sphere Keyenne goggles.

                               


Folks these are the most comfortable goggles I have ever found.  They are a little pricey, but well worth the cost, ranging from $18 to $35 depending on where you buy and which style you need, but did I mention they are super comfortable.  I have had them leak only once and that was user error.  I had folded the seal under.  The comfort comes from the nose piece being one solid piece across the bridge of the nose.  That is where most other goggle go wrong for me they are hard to adjust and most of the time still pinch or rub across the nose.  The Keyenne are also super easy to adjust.  There is a small button where the strap meets the frame.  When putting them on you push these buttons and pull the strap to make them super loose and then simple pull back on the straps until they seal. Perfect fit every time.  Not to tight or loose.  When finished just push the buttons on the side and the strap releases and they come off super easy.  Now that I have moved outside some to open water I will soon be investing in my second pair, mirrored this time to block out the sun's ray.  The Keyenne also come with a nice case to store the goggles in.  I believe this allows them to stay in better shape longer than just hanging out loose in my gym bag.

So if you are in the market for swim goggles. I highly recommend the Aqua Sphere Keyenne!

No comments:

Post a Comment