Sunday, September 15, 2013

Help From Will Rogers - Weekly Checkin September 14th


When I was a kid I had a shirt that said, "Will Rogers never met The Boz."  My dad told me why it was funny.  The Boz was a big jerk and Will Rogers once was quoted a saying, "I never met a man I didn't like." As many of you know, I love quotes and Will Rogers has some of my favorites.  So in looking for inspiration this week I went in search of Mr. Rogers (Will that is) quotes.  Here are a few that spoke to me this week.  Thank you Will for helping me refocus!


Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
 Will Rogers


Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers 

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
Will Rogers 



I did not have a good week with the food.  I ate the WRONG things and too much of the wrong things.  Big problem this week I did not track my food intake.  Since starting this journey I would eat the WRONG things but by tracking I new that I had a bad day and made up for it in my workouts or adjusted the next day or two to make up for it.  This week I failed in that endeavor and therefore we had a gain. In attempts past this would have derailed me and put me back several weeks, because I would have beat myself up, said this is impossible and next thing you know that pound and half would have been ten, then twenty, but not now.  The       Ironman philosophy has entered my soul.  I will not give up.  I will continue to    train and improve.  The training probably is probably what kept this from being a 3 or 4 pound gain this week. I am refocused on the goal at hand.  This week food        tracking will resume.  I cannot function without this process in my life.  I know this.  There will be other stumbles along the way, but continuing this lifestyle and the support of you are keeping my eye on the prize, and my family and I will be    better for it.                                                                                                     


2 comments:

  1. Brian, having fallen off the wagon myself, your post was very inspiring. Loved the Will Roger's quotes. Especially the first and third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, Glad this helped. Will inspires me to think. That's why I searched him out this week.

    ReplyDelete