Thursday, June 20, 2013

Grateful




I stole this quote from one of my Facebook friends (Thank you Linda!)  It sums up quite well the feeling and thoughts I have had today.  On my walk today I was reflecting on the last seven years and decided that I would/could have not made any decision differently with the information I had at the time.  I think today I finally completely put that tough chapter of my life behind me.  I am grateful I made it through in one piece with the love of my family to keep me propped up.  I don't know that I feel the need to "forgive" myself for anything, but I did need to let it go.  I prayerfully did that today.  Also while on my walk today, I  prayed for Brett Andrews.  Brett is a professor at our local university and will be doing a full Ironman on Sunday (follow Brett's Ironman Journey Here. He is bib # 2146.)  I know I will be drawing on his experience in the future.  I have also watched some very inspiring Ironman videos.  I am truly looking forward to working toward the goal of calling myself an Ironman and hitting all of the mini and not so mini goals to get there.  I know I will need a lot of faith and support to get there, but I must admit knowing you are watching got me on the road today. 

The wisest thing though is to be present in the present, gratefully.  I am extremely gratefully that I was able to play golf with my oldest daughter on Monday and play Apples to Apples with the whole family and hanging out with my girls at the pool and play monkey in the middle and the dunk game.  I am gratefully that I was able to get finger printed at the Sheriff's department and take a drug test (sorry about the poor 1st attempt Raquel), why you ask, because that means I have a new job.  Not only a job but a job with no commute (8 minute from my house, 3 minutes from my gym), which to me is another omen it is time to begin this journey.  Commute time just became training time.  I am grateful to for my  talented and patient wife who loves me no matter what, and makes my life so much easier to live in the present.  

So while I am prayerfully looking to the future, I am so so grateful for my present!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment