Sunday, June 30, 2013

BECAUSE YOU ARE WITH ME

Today I heard a song that I had not heard before, but was immediately moved by it.  The song was praise chorus called "I Will Exalt You."  The song has one particular line that stuck with me through the rest of the morning:


Because your with me. I will not fear!

I immediately thought of my beauty, smart and strong partner in this world.  My wife is the rock that my foundation is built on.  Her love and my faith has gotten me through many tough times over they past 16 years. Because she is with me, I will not fear. I will not fear life. Whatever comes our way I know I can make it through because she is with me.  I will not fear failure.  Because she is with me a failure is just a learning experience. So often it is my wife that helps me see the new path to take.  

Later in the day I was struck with the implications this phrase has on my current life journey.  I have encountered so many people with words of encouragement and support.  I have also been told by many that my journey has inspired them to start a journey of their own.  To all of you: Because you are with me. I will not fear!  I will not fear that big bowl of pasta. Because you are with (watching) me I have the will to eat to satisfaction. Because you with me binges will be a thing of my past.  I will not fear the miles and miles and miles to go to meet the gargantuan goals I have set.  Because are with me (sending encouragement and watching) I have the will to get in the pool and on the track/road and on the bike, even at times if I don't really feel like working out.  Everyone one of you seeing this today have a hand in me reaching for the top of the Ironman mountain.  Because -  you are with me.

3 comments: